12 Shouts - 423,268 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Super Freak - (4:04) - 447 plays
- Children Go - (2:26) - 404 plays
- Away In A Manger - (3:03) - 586 plays
- LyricsOh, the people would come from far away
To dance all night to the break of day
When the caller would holler, "Do Si Do"
They knew Uncle Pen was ready to go
Late in the evening, about sundown
- LyricsI may look like a city slicker
Shinin' up through his shoes
Underneath I'm just a cotton picker
Pickin' out a mess of blues
Show me where I start
- Highway 40 Blues - (3:11) - 436 plays
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 540 plays
- If I Needed You - (3:19) - 267 plays
- GET UP JOHN - (9:45) - 373 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 295 plays