11 Shouts - 414,830 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsOh, the people would come from far away
To dance all night to the break of day
When the caller would holler, "Do Si Do"
They knew Uncle Pen was ready to go
Late in the evening, about sundown
- Away In A Manger - (3:03) - 636 plays
- Children Go - (2:26) - 471 plays
- LyricsI may look like a city slicker
Shinin' up through his shoes
Underneath I'm just a cotton picker
Pickin' out a mess of blues
Show me where I start
- LyricsWell, these Highway 40 blues
I've walked holes in both my shoes
Counted the days since I've been gone
And I'd love to see the lights of home
Wasted time and money too
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 442 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 389 plays
- Super Freak - (4:04) - 242 plays
- GET UP JOHN - (9:45) - 382 plays
- If I Needed You - (3:19) - 230 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online