11 Shouts - 397,873 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Country Boy - (3:53) - 786 plays
- Uncle Pen - (2:23) - 777 plays
- Highway 40 Blues - (3:11) - 742 plays
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 710 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 307 plays
- GET UP JOHN - (9:45) - 371 plays
- Two Soldiers - (4:30) - 284 plays
- Crying My Heart Out Over You - (3:00) - 297 plays
- Honey (Open That Door) - (3:31) - 284 plays
- Where The Soul of Man Never Dies - (2:38) - 270 plays