11 Shouts - 383,105 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Away In A Manger - (3:03) - 970 plays
- Uncle Pen - (2:23) - 1,020 plays
- Country Boy - (3:49) - 862 plays
- Highway 40 Blues - (3:11) - 784 plays
- Two Soldiers - (4:30) - 478 plays
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 529 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 482 plays
- Crying My Heart Out Over You - (3:00) - 416 plays
- Children Go - (2:26) - 340 plays
- Honey (Open That Door) - (3:31) - 391 plays