11 Shouts - 395,960 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsOh, the people would come from far away
To dance all night to the break of day
When the caller would holler, "Do Si Do"
They knew Uncle Pen was ready to go
Late in the evening, about sundown
- Country Boy - (3:53) - 800 plays
- LyricsWell, these Highway 40 blues
I've walked holes in both my shoes
Counted the days since I've been gone
And I'd love to see the lights of home
Wasted time and money too
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 722 plays
- Two Soldiers - (4:30) - 363 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 336 plays
- Crying My Heart Out Over You - (3:00) - 291 plays
- GET UP JOHN - (9:45) - 341 plays
- Honey (Open That Door) - (3:31) - 324 plays
- Heartbroke - (3:14) - 363 plays