11 Shouts - 386,034 Scrobbles
Ricky Skaggs (born July 18, 1954 in Lawrence County, Kentucky) is a 14 time Grammy Winner and a country and bluegrass star, singer, musician, producer, and composer. Skaggs's music career began in 1970 when he joined Ralph Stanley's bluegrass band, the Clinch Mountain Boys. He plays mandolin, fiddle, guitar and banjo. For a few years, Skaggs was a member of Emmylou Harris's "Hot Band". He wrote the arrangements for Harris's bluegrass-roots album, Roses in the Snow. In addition to arranging, Skaggs sang harmony, and played mandolin and fiddle.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Away In A Manger - (3:03) - 980 plays
- Uncle Pen - (2:23) - 978 plays
- Country Boy - (3:53) - 854 plays
- Highway 40 Blues - (3:11) - 767 plays
- Two Soldiers - (4:30) - 547 plays
- Bury Me Beneath The Weeping Willow - (2:45) - 600 plays
- Cajun Moon - (3:44) - 452 plays
- Crying My Heart Out Over You - (3:00) - 385 plays
- Children Go - (2:26) - 341 plays
- Honey (Open That Door) - (3:31) - 373 plays