Rickie Lee Jones
77 Shouts - 1,937,776 Scrobbles
Rickie Lee Jones (born November 8, 1954) is a two-time Grammy Award-winning vocalist, musician, songwriter, and producer from the United States. Over the course of a three-decade career, Jones has recorded in various musical styles including R&B, blues, pop, soul, and jazz standards. Rickie Lee Jones is a singer songwriter whose style leans on jazz and pop/R&B timing and personification.
Jones settled in LA at the age of nineteen, doing the classic waiting tables stuff until she landed a recording contract with Warners.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHow come he don't come and PLP with me
Down at the meter no more?
How come he turn off the TV?
And he hang that sign on the door?
We call and we call
- LyricsThe most as you'll ever go
Is back where you used to know
If grown-ups could laugh this slow
Where as you watch the hour snow
Years may go by
- LyricsI say this was no game of chicken, you were aiming your best friend
That you wear like a switchblade on a chain around your neck
I think you picked this up in Mexico from your dad
And it's daddy on the booze and there's a Brando on the ice
Now it's dean in the doorway
- LyricsOh, he's a lucky guy, oh, he's a lucky guy
He doesn't worry about me when I'm gone
He goes to sleep at night, he don't turn off the light
Wonder how to find me, if I'm alone
Oh, he's a lucky guy, I wish I was like him
- LyricsTake a walk around midnight in the city
Young blood is hiding there somewhere
If you're looking for something to do
There's always something happening there
Like I & Bragger, we borrowed a coupe today
- Easy Money - (3:17) - 1,569 plays
- Danny's All-Star Joint - (4:06) - 1,454 plays
- Night Train - (3:18) - 1,619 plays
- The Last Chance Texaco - (4:08) - 1,545 plays
- Dat Dere - (4:10) - 1,216 plays