Rickie Lee Jones
77 Shouts - 1,752,551 Scrobbles
Rickie Lee Jones (born November 8, 1954) is a two-time Grammy Award-winning vocalist, musician, songwriter, and producer from the United States. Over the course of a three-decade career, Jones has recorded in various musical styles including R&B, blues, pop, soul, and jazz standards. Rickie Lee Jones is a singer songwriter whose style leans on jazz and pop/R&B timing and personification.
Jones settled in LA at the age of nineteen, doing the classic waiting tables stuff until she landed a recording contract with Warners.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHow come he don't come and PLP with me
Down at the meter no more?
How come he turn off the TV?
And he hang that sign on the door?
We call and we call
- LyricsThe most as you'll ever go
Is back where you used to know
If grown-ups could laugh this slow
Where as you watch the hour snow
Years may go by
- LyricsI say this was no game of chicken, you were aiming your best friend
That you wear like a switchblade on a chain around your neck
I think you picked this up in Mexico from your dad
And it's daddy on the booze and there's a Brando on the ice
Now it's dean in the doorway
- LyricsA long stretch of headlights bends into I-9
They tiptoe into truck stops
And sleepy diesel eyes
Volcanoes rumble in the taxi
An' glow in the dark
- LyricsTake a walk around midnight in the city
Young blood is hiding there somewhere
If you're looking for something to do
There's always something happening there
Like I & Bragger, we borrowed a coupe today
- Easy Money - (3:17) - 1,528 plays
- Night Train - (3:18) - 1,316 plays
- Coolsville - (3:52) - 1,219 plays
- Danny's All-Star Joint - (4:06) - 1,289 plays
- Weasel and the White Boys Cool - (6:03) - 1,033 plays