109 Shouts - 1,191,241 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 3,194 plays
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:46) - 3,223 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,150 plays
- LyricsFreedom, freedom
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,534 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 1,435 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,472 plays
- Morning Morning - (2:18) - 777 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 1,121 plays
- I Can't Make It Anymore - (5:43) - 891 plays