108 Shouts - 1,128,073 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 7,621 plays
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:46) - 6,058 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,778 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 2,038 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,566 plays
- Freedom - (5:26) - 2,070 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,685 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:37) - 1,176 plays
- Eleanor Rigby - (2:42) - 988 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 1,159 plays