108 Shouts - 1,146,251 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 5,244 plays
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:46) - 4,983 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,376 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 1,852 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,693 plays
- Freedom - (5:26) - 1,850 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,257 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:37) - 995 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 974 plays
- Eleanor Rigby - (2:42) - 832 plays