101 Shouts - 1,003,329 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Here Comes The Sun - (4:13) - 7,578 plays
- Going Back to My Roots - (4:35) - 3,703 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:56) - 3,135 plays
- LyricsFreedom, freedom
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child
- LyricsThere's a high flyin' bird, flying way up in the sky,
And I wonder if she looks down, as she goes on by?
Well, she's flying so freely in the sky.
Lord, look at me here,
I'm rooted like a tree here,
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,845 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 2,748 plays
- Follow - (6:23) - 2,350 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:45) - 2,077 plays
- I Can't Make It Anymore - (5:43) - 1,876 plays