109 Shouts - 1,163,244 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 4,199 plays
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:46) - 4,104 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,159 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 1,632 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,561 plays
- Freedom - (5:26) - 1,896 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,245 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 923 plays
- I Can't Make It Anymore - (5:43) - 801 plays
- Eleanor Rigby - (2:42) - 760 plays