105 Shouts - 1,054,067 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:48) - 5,949 plays
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 3,193 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,415 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,860 plays
- LyricsFreedom, freedom
Sometimes I feel like a motherless child
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 1,818 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,830 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:37) - 1,673 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 1,438 plays
- I Can't Make It Anymore - (5:43) - 1,024 plays