108 Shouts - 1,139,841 Scrobbles
Richard P. "Richie" Havens (born January 21, 1941; died April 22, 2013) was an American folk singer and guitarist. He is best remembered for his intense, rhythmic guitar style (often in open tunings), soulful covers of pop and folk songs, and his opening performance at the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Born in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, Havens moved to Greenwich Village in 1961 in time to get in on the folk boom then taking place.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Going Back to My Roots - (5:09) - 6,880 plays
- Here Comes The Sun - (3:46) - 5,952 plays
- Tombstone Blues - (5:27) - 2,629 plays
- Just Like A Woman - (5:48) - 2,103 plays
- Handsome Johnny - (3:53) - 1,753 plays
- High Flyin' Bird - (3:35) - 1,505 plays
- Freedom - (5:26) - 2,066 plays
- All Along the Watchtower - (3:37) - 1,163 plays
- Follow - (6:21) - 1,125 plays
- Eleanor Rigby - (2:42) - 926 plays