"Richie & The Renegades, a highly proficient, teenage band from Boston’s North Shore, began performing professionally in 1964. Personnel included guitarists Robert Leger and Billy Dunn, bassist Brian Michaels, (a McCartney look-alike) drummer Kevin Robichaud, Farfisa squeezer Bobby Peck and vocalist Richard Reynolds. Along with their original material, the group covered songs by The Beatles, Beach Boys and Rolling Stones with breathtaking accuracy. In 1966, The Renegades won a New England “Battle of The Bands” play-off before a crowd of 10,000 screaming fans at Boston Garden.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online