764 Shouts - 4,922,278 Scrobbles
Wilhelm Richard Wagner (22nd May 1813 in Leipzig, Germany – 13th February 1883 in Venice, Italy) was an influential German composer, conductor, music theorist, and essayist, primarily known for his operas (or "music dramas" as he later came to call them). His compositions, particularly those of his later period, are notable for their contrapuntal texture, rich harmonies and orchestration, and elaborate use of leitmotifs: themes associated with specific characters, locales, or plot elements.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ride of the Valkyries - (5:24) - 10,749 plays
- Lohengrin Prelude to Act III - (3:00) - 4,087 plays
- The Ride of the Valkyries - (5:27) - 4,041 plays
- Die Walküre (The Valkyrie), WWV 86b, Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries - (5:12) - 2,533 plays
- Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries - (5:26) - 2,283 plays
- Die Walkure - Ride of the Valkyries (as heard in Apocalypse Now) - (0:30) - 2,052 plays
- Prelude to Tristan and Isolde - (10:44) - 1,909 plays
- Tristan und Isolde: Vorspiel (Excalibur): Prelude to Act I / Isolde's Liebestod - (15:54) - 1,314 plays
- Twilight of the Gods: Funeral March - (7:00) - 1,102 plays
- Siegfried Idyll - (18:06) - 1,098 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online