80 Shouts - 1,663,916 Scrobbles
Richard Strauss (11th June 1864 – 8th September 1949) was a German composer of the late romantic era and eraly modern eras, particularly noted for his tone poems and operas which include Der Rosenkavalier and Salome; his lieder, especially his Four Last Songs; and his tone poems Death and Transfiguration, Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Also sprach Zarathustra, An Alpine Symphony, and other orchestral works, such as Metamorphosen. Strauss was also a prominent conductor throughout Germany and Austria. He was also a noted conductor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Metamorphosen for 23 Solo Strings - (26:17) - 3,874 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra - (2:02) - 5,735 plays
- The Blue Danube - 2,494 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 - (34:57) - 1,779 plays
- R. Strauss: Metamorphosen for 23 Solo Strings - (27:34) - 1,405 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:45) - 1,327 plays
- Salome, Op.54 / Scene 4: "Ah! Ich habe deinen Mund geküsst, Jochanaan" - (4:36) - 773 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra: Introduction - (2:01) - 1,000 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op.30: Prelude (Sonnenaufgang) - (1:46) - 858 plays
- Introduction - (6:04) - 716 plays