71 Shouts - 1,495,938 Scrobbles
Richard Strauss (11th June 1864 – 8th September 1949) was a German composer of the late romantic era and eraly modern eras, particularly noted for his tone poems and operas which include Der Rosenkavalier and Salome; his lieder, especially his Four Last Songs; and his tone poems Death and Transfiguration, Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Also sprach Zarathustra, An Alpine Symphony, and other orchestral works, such as Metamorphosen. Strauss was also a prominent conductor throughout Germany and Austria. He was also a noted conductor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Also Sprach Zarathustra - (2:02) - 7,767 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:45) - 1,600 plays
- Introduction - (6:20) - 1,251 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra: Introduction - (2:01) - 1,007 plays
- Of Joys and Passions - (2:09) - 1,043 plays
- Einleitung - (2:02) - 673 plays
- IV. Traumerei (Reverie) - (2:44) - 698 plays
- No. 4. Allegro molto - (3:58) - 488 plays
- Romance for Cello and Orchestra, TrV 118 - (9:54) - 404 plays
- Richard Strauss: Also sprach Zarathustra, Op.30 - Prelude (Sonnenaufgang) - (1:44) - 437 plays