67 Shouts - 1,369,207 Scrobbles
Richard Strauss (11th June 1864 – 8th September 1949) was a German composer of the late romantic era, particularly noted for his tone poems and operas. He was also a noted conductor. Before and during the 1939-45 War, he was criticised as a Nazi sympathiser, and held an official (musical) post. This claim is not entirely accurate. He lost the job when he refused to remove the name of a Jewish librettist from a programme. He was also condemned for criticisms of the Nazi party.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Also sprach Zarathustra - (2:02) - 9,238 plays
- Of Joys and Passions - (2:09) - 3,125 plays
- Introduction - (8:56) - 2,579 plays
- R. Strauss: Ariadne auf Naxos: Gibt es kein Hinuber? - (2:28) - 1,237 plays
- IV. Traumerei (Reverie) - (2:44) - 1,335 plays
- No. 4. Allegro molto - (3:58) - 1,138 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:45) - 1,266 plays
- R. Strauss: Ariadne auf Naxos: Meine Partner! Meine erprobten Freunde! - (3:08) - 953 plays
- Romance for Cello and Orchestra, TrV 118 - (9:54) - 964 plays
- No. 4. Morgen (arr. for organ) - (3:10) - 733 plays