80 Shouts - 1,546,562 Scrobbles
Richard Strauss (11th June 1864 – 8th September 1949) was a German composer of the late romantic era and eraly modern eras, particularly noted for his tone poems and operas which include Der Rosenkavalier and Salome; his lieder, especially his Four Last Songs; and his tone poems Death and Transfiguration, Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Also sprach Zarathustra, An Alpine Symphony, and other orchestral works, such as Metamorphosen. Strauss was also a prominent conductor throughout Germany and Austria. He was also a noted conductor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Also Sprach Zarathustra - (2:02) - 6,192 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:45) - 1,739 plays
- The Blue Danube - 1,711 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra: Introduction - (2:01) - 1,114 plays
- Introduction - (6:04) - 1,050 plays
- Einleitung - (1:52) - 704 plays
- R. Strauss: Salome, Op.54 / Scene 4 - "Ah! Ich habe deinen Mund geküsst, Jochanaan" - (4:38) - 483 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Prelude (Sunrise) - (2:00) - 364 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 - (34:57) - 461 plays
- The Blue Danube (From Amants de Pont-Neuf) - (2:05) - 307 plays