78 Shouts - 1,541,924 Scrobbles
Richard Strauss (11th June 1864 – 8th September 1949) was a German composer of the late romantic era and eraly modern eras, particularly noted for his tone poems and operas which include Der Rosenkavalier and Salome; his lieder, especially his Four Last Songs; and his tone poems Death and Transfiguration, Till Eulenspiegel's Merry Pranks, Also sprach Zarathustra, An Alpine Symphony, and other orchestral works, such as Metamorphosen. Strauss was also a prominent conductor throughout Germany and Austria. He was also a noted conductor.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Also Sprach Zarathustra - (2:02) - 6,823 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Introduction - (1:45) - 1,690 plays
- The Blue Danube - 1,185 plays
- Introduction - (6:04) - 1,138 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra: Introduction - (2:01) - 1,084 plays
- Einleitung - (1:52) - 714 plays
- R. Strauss: Salome, Op.54 / Scene 4 - "Ah! Ich habe deinen Mund geküsst, Jochanaan" - (4:38) - 374 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30: Prelude (Sunrise) - (2:00) - 351 plays
- Of Joys and Passions - (2:09) - 408 plays
- Also sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 - (34:57) - 423 plays