0 Shouts - 5,496 Scrobbles
Richard Alexander Crooks (June 26, 1900, Trenton, New Jersey–September 29, 1972, Portola Valley, California) was an American tenor and a leading singer at the New York Metropolitan Opera. He was a fine musician with a sweet-toned voice and many critics consider him to be the best lyric tenor ever produced by the United States. Biography After several busy concert seasons as an oratorio and song recital specialist, including the American premier of Das Lied von der Erde, Crooks traveled to Germany where he made his operatic debut in Hamburg as Cavaradossi in Puccini's Tosca in 1927.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Gipsy Moon - (3:28) - 37 plays
- Touch Me In The Morning - Vocal - (7:19) - 44 plays
- The Star of Bethlehem - (3:54) - 37 plays
- "In A Persian Garden". Ah, Moon Of My Delight - (4:44) - 7 plays
- Mi Par D'udir Ancora - victor/ 15544-a - (4:19) - 7 plays
- Rio Rita - (3:12) - 6 plays
- Yours Is My Heart Alone - (3:25) - 2 plays
- Macushla - (2:48) - 2 plays
- Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life - (2:42) - 2 plays
- Song of Songs - (3:19) - 2 plays