Richard & Linda Thompson
33 Shouts - 738,206 Scrobbles
From 1973 to 1982, British folk legend Richard Thompson (having quit Fairport Convention in 1971) recorded as a duo with his wife Linda Thompson. This period saw a great amount of critical praise for Richard's songwriting and Linda's voice, though not much popular success. Following their divorce, both pursued solo careers. The Thompsons recorded three albums I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight (1974), Hokey Pokey (1975) and Pour Down Like Silver (1975) before they decided to leave the music business and moved to a Sufi commune in East Anglia.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight - (3:09) - 1,930 plays
- Withered and Died - (3:27) - 1,221 plays
- When I Get To The Border - (3:27) - 1,251 plays
- The Calvary Cross - (3:53) - 1,055 plays
- Down Where The Drunkards Roll - (4:06) - 940 plays
- The End Of The Rainbow - (3:57) - 928 plays
- The Great Valerio - (5:15) - 782 plays
- Shoot Out The Lights - (3:27) - 840 plays
- Don't Renege On Our Love - (4:15) - 827 plays
- We Sing Hallelujah - (2:52) - 769 plays