Richard & Linda Thompson
33 Shouts - 727,760 Scrobbles
From 1973 to 1982, British folk legend Richard Thompson (having quit Fairport Convention in 1971) recorded as a duo with his wife Linda Thompson. This period saw a great amount of critical praise for Richard's songwriting and Linda's voice, though not much popular success. Following their divorce, both pursued solo careers. The Thompsons recorded three albums I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight (1974), Hokey Pokey (1975) and Pour Down Like Silver (1975) before they decided to leave the music business and moved to a Sufi commune in East Anglia.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Want To See The Bright Lights Tonight - (3:09) - 1,943 plays
- When I Get To The Border - (3:27) - 1,209 plays
- Withered and Died - (3:27) - 1,223 plays
- The Calvary Cross - (3:53) - 1,041 plays
- Down Where The Drunkards Roll - (4:06) - 880 plays
- The End Of The Rainbow - (3:57) - 916 plays
- Shoot Out The Lights - (3:27) - 796 plays
- The Great Valerio - (5:15) - 765 plays
- Don't Renege On Our Love - (4:15) - 791 plays
- Just The Motion - (7:10) - 772 plays