0 Shouts - 33,688 Scrobbles
There are at least three bands who have used this name - a Dutch metal band, a US prog rock band, and a Dutch rave 'n rock band:Read More...
1) Resistor: a Dutch rock/metal band formed in the summer of 2000 by four high school friends - Koen Stam (vocals and synthesizer), Andre Stoorvogel (guitars), Bob Dirks (bass) and Thijs van As (drums) They started off by playing 80s rock covers of artists such as Van Halen and Europe, but then started writing their own material - eventually leading to a change of style to more contemporary metal, influenced by bands such as Stratovarius, Dream Theater and Sonata Arctica. Several gigs followed and a modest live demo was released in 2002, entitled Live Illusions. In 2003 an additional guitar player was added (Michel Schouten) but after graduation from high school though, all band members went their separate ways. Nothing new happened for the band until the winter of 2004 when they decided to come together once more to record an EP: Lights of Yesterday (released August 2005).
2) Resistor: a US crossover prog rock quartet based around Providence, Rhode Island, the members are "3 electronic engineers and an electrician" - which accounts for the name. Originally formed in 2005 by multi-instrumentalist Steve Unruh and Rob Winslow (bass), joined by Barry Farrands (drums) and Fran Turner (guitars), they have released three albums to date: 'Resistor' (2008), 'Rise' (2010) and 'Resistor presents The Secret Island Band Jams' (2011).
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Vincent van Gogh - 2,328 plays
- Delusion - 1,352 plays
- Standing in the Dark - 1,146 plays
- Lights of Yesterday - 1,370 plays
- Don't Close My Eyes - 998 plays
- Beyond This Masquerade - 1,139 plays
- Spaceghetti - 1,172 plays
- The Secret of the Open Sky - 1,142 plays
- Ether - 996 plays
- Mimosa - 1,166 plays