0 Shouts - 4,609 Scrobbles
1. Founded on the ashes of their folk-rock predecessor (The Lasting Effect), Toronto-based rockers, Rebel Rebel, have quickly established themselves within the Southern Ontario music scene. Lyrically driven songs combined with rock’s root ideology and modern indie experimentation have allowed the band to stand out in the vast musical landscape we call Toronto. Known for their energetic and impassioned live show, the band brings an unapologetic, in-your-face sincerity that shows the band’s belief that music, at its core, has to be real, simple, and pure.Read More...
2. Rebel Rebel is a group out of San Diego formed in 2008 consisting of Philippe and Alex. Known for their mashups and ability to mix any genre, they can be seen as the next big thing to come out of San Diego.
3. Rebel Rebel was also a girl group from the Netherlands. They had a brief succes in the late 90's with the song Happy Girl.
4. Known for their outrageous stage show, wild appearance, and rebel spirit, shock rock kings Rebel Rebel were formed in 1990. They started the group to bring back excitement and fun into the rock and roll scene. Influenced by exciting groups such as Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Plasmatics, and Jane's Addiction, Rebel Rebel have fused the visuals, excitement, and music of those groups with the future to create a cybershockrock sound so unique it commands recognition and success. The use of movie dialogue clips and sound effects throughout the songs also offers the audience a unique and new approach to latch onto.
Banned from most live venues in Los Angeles for their stage antics, the group opened their own club and then began playing the outskirts of Southern California. Their wild and dangerous stage presentation is highlighted by smashing television sets, video monitors, exploding and burning guitars, fireballs, torn feather pillows, mutilated bodies and enough glitter to make all in attendance sparkle! The crowd gets so wild, 20 minute sets are not uncommon!
Fox television news followed their live shows and documented the reckless and explosive performance of the group and their fans in a week long report. "When you come to one of our shows, you don't know if you're going to get drunk with us or burn the place down, and that's what kids love today. They want to be scared and have a good time. NO RULES. They don't know if they'll have to do a beer bong or destroy a burning television set. We offer something to look at and participate in. Slam dancing and moshing are so boring."
Currently the group continues to destroy stages across California and record brilliant songs, as well as appearing on television shows across America. "If people want to be shockingly entertained and party, then they'll love us. Thousands of kids can't be wrong!"
5. Rebel Rebel, Göteborg, Sweden