119 Shouts - 969,765 Scrobbles
Raymond Scott (born Harry Warnow, 10 September 1908 – 8 February 1994), was an American composer, orchestra leader, pianist, engineer, electronic instrument inventor and electronic music pioneer. He was born in Brooklyn to a family of Russian-Jewish immigrants. Though Scott never scored cartoon soundtracks, his music is familiar to millions because of its adaptation by Warner Bros. In 1936, Scott formed the "Raymond Scott Quintette", hoping to revitalise swing music through tight, busy arrangements and reduced reliance on improvisation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Powerhouse - (2:59) - 1,190 plays
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. - (0:43) - 888 plays
- Lightworks - (1:46) - 879 plays
- Sleepy Time - (4:26) - 841 plays
- Cindy electronium - (1:59) - 492 plays
- Twilight In Turkey - (2:52) - 481 plays
- The Bass-Line Generator - (3:09) - 455 plays
- Cyclic Bit - (1:04) - 573 plays
- The Toy Trumpet - (2:56) - 479 plays
- Portofino 2 - (2:14) - 475 plays