118 Shouts - 924,169 Scrobbles
Raymond Scott (born Harry Warnow, 10 September 1908 – 8 February 1994), was an American composer, orchestra leader, pianist, engineer, electronic instrument inventor and electronic music pioneer. He was born in Brooklyn to a family of Russian-Jewish immigrants. Though Scott never scored cartoon soundtracks, his music is familiar to millions because of its adaptation by Warner Bros. In 1936, Scott formed the "Raymond Scott Quintette", hoping to revitalise swing music through tight, busy arrangements and reduced reliance on improvisation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lightworks - (1:46) - 1,332 plays
- Powerhouse - (2:59) - 1,404 plays
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. - (0:43) - 957 plays
- Sleepy Time - (4:26) - 937 plays
- The Toy Trumpet - (2:56) - 614 plays
- Cindy electronium - (1:59) - 585 plays
- Cyclic Bit - (1:04) - 3,368 plays
- The Bass-Line Generator - (3:09) - 572 plays
- Twilight In Turkey - (2:52) - 515 plays
- In The Hall Of The Mountain Queen - (0:49) - 555 plays