117 Shouts - 882,877 Scrobbles
Raymond Scott (born Harry Warnow, 10 September 1908 – 8 February 1994), was an American composer, orchestra leader, pianist, engineer, electronic instrument inventor and electronic music pioneer. He was born in Brooklyn to a family of Russian-Jewish immigrants. Though Scott never scored cartoon soundtracks, his music is familiar to millions because of its adaptation by Warner Bros. In 1936, Scott formed the "Raymond Scott Quintette", hoping to revitalise swing music through tight, busy arrangements and reduced reliance on improvisation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Powerhouse - (2:59) - 1,300 plays
- Lightworks - (1:46) - 1,339 plays
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. - (0:43) - 1,172 plays
- Sprite: Melonball Bounce - 800 plays
- Sleepy Time - (4:26) - 879 plays
- The Toy Trumpet - (2:56) - 760 plays
- Twilight In Turkey - (2:52) - 662 plays
- Cindy electronium - (1:59) - 707 plays
- The Bass-Line Generator - (3:09) - 607 plays
- Vim - (0:59) - 464 plays