116 Shouts - 815,296 Scrobbles
Raymond Scott (born Harry Warnow, 10 September 1908 – 8 February 1994), was an American composer, orchestra leader, pianist, engineer, electronic instrument inventor and electronic music pioneer. He was born in Brooklyn to a family of Russian-Jewish immigrants. Though Scott never scored cartoon soundtracks, his music is familiar to millions because of its adaptation by Warner Bros. In 1936, Scott formed the "Raymond Scott Quintette", hoping to revitalise swing music through tight, busy arrangements and reduced reliance on improvisation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Powerhouse - (2:59) - 1,583 plays
- Lightworks - (1:46) - 1,466 plays
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. - (0:43) - 1,145 plays
- The Toy Trumpet - (2:56) - 963 plays
- Twilight In Turkey - (2:52) - 1,425 plays
- Sleepy Time - (4:26) - 1,049 plays
- Cindy electronium - (1:59) - 800 plays
- Sprite: Melonball Bounce - 765 plays
- The Bass-Line Generator - (3:09) - 691 plays
- Cyclic Bit - (1:04) - 741 plays