118 Shouts - 915,190 Scrobbles
Raymond Scott (born Harry Warnow, 10 September 1908 – 8 February 1994), was an American composer, orchestra leader, pianist, engineer, electronic instrument inventor and electronic music pioneer. He was born in Brooklyn to a family of Russian-Jewish immigrants. Though Scott never scored cartoon soundtracks, his music is familiar to millions because of its adaptation by Warner Bros. In 1936, Scott formed the "Raymond Scott Quintette", hoping to revitalise swing music through tight, busy arrangements and reduced reliance on improvisation.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lightworks - (1:46) - 1,303 plays
- Powerhouse - (2:59) - 1,410 plays
- Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. - (0:43) - 976 plays
- Sleepy Time - (4:26) - 930 plays
- The Toy Trumpet - (2:56) - 626 plays
- Cindy electronium - (1:59) - 590 plays
- The Bass-Line Generator - (3:09) - 545 plays
- Cyclic Bit - (1:04) - 3,169 plays
- Twilight In Turkey - (2:52) - 531 plays
- In The Hall Of The Mountain Queen - (0:49) - 469 plays