820 Shouts - 22,200,267 Scrobbles
Ray Charles (Ray Charles Robinson, Albany, Georgia, September 23, 1930 - Beverly Hills, California, June 10, 2004), was an American singer-songwriter, musician, arranger, and band leader. As a rock and roll, rhythm & blues, soul, blues, jazz, country and pop musician he helped to shape the sound of rhythm & blues. He brought a soulful sound to everything from country music ("I Can't Stop Loving You") to rock and roll ("Mess Around"), to pop standards to a now-iconic rendition of "America The Beautiful." Frank Sinatra called him "the only genius in the business."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Hit the Road Jack - (1:58) - 116,373 plays
- Georgia on My Mind - (3:39) - 56,417 plays
- I've Got a Woman - (2:53) - 50,607 plays
- Mess Around - (2:41) - 33,823 plays
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Hallelujah I Love Her So - (2:35) - 28,258 plays
- What'd I Say - (5:32) - 19,820 plays
- Unchain My Heart - (2:52) - 20,892 plays
- I Can't Stop Loving You - (4:13) - 17,231 plays
- Drown in My Own Tears - (3:19) - 14,804 plays