830 Shouts - 22,877,990 Scrobbles
Ray Charles (Ray Charles Robinson, Albany, Georgia, September 23, 1930 - Beverly Hills, California, June 10, 2004), was an American singer-songwriter, musician, arranger, and band leader. As a rock and roll, rhythm & blues, soul, blues, jazz, country and pop musician he helped to shape the sound of rhythm & blues. He brought a soulful sound to everything from country music ("I Can't Stop Loving You") to rock and roll ("Mess Around"), to pop standards to a now-iconic rendition of "America The Beautiful." Frank Sinatra called him "the only genius in the business."
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHit the road Jack and don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more
What you say?
Hit the road Jack and don't you come back
- LyricsWell, I've got a woman
Way over town
That's good to me oh, yeah
Say I've got a woman
Way over town
- LyricsGeorgia, Georgia
The whole day through
(The whole day through)
Just an old sweet song
Keeps Georgia on my mind
- LyricsAh you can talk about the pit, barbecue
The band was jumpin,' the people too
Ah mess around, they doin' the Mess Around
They doin' the mess around
Everybody doin' the mess around
- LyricsWe are not in a position to display these lyrics due to licensing restrictions. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Hallelujah I Love Her So - (2:35) - 24,667 plays
- What'd I Say - (6:31) - 17,135 plays
- I Can't Stop Loving You - (4:14) - 15,278 plays
- Unchain My Heart - (2:52) - 16,584 plays
- Drown in My Own Tears - (3:19) - 12,136 plays