27 Shouts - 743,261 Scrobbles
Ray Barretto (April 29, 1929 – February 17, 2006) was a Grammy Award-winning Latin/Latin jazz musician of Puerto Rican ancestry. Ray Barretto, a percussionist extraordinaire and legend in the Salsa & latin Jazz music community has left the music scene with his death in February 2006 at age 76.
Born of Puerto Rican descendence in Brooklyn during the depression, he lived with his mother in East Harlem, The South Bronx and other "boricua" districts before he joined the army, where in the latter 1940's he heard Dizzy Gillespie's hard bebop.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Acid - (5:05) - 2,683 plays
- Pastime Paradise - (8:32) - 1,596 plays
- New York Soul - (0:53) - 1,167 plays
- Summertime - (2:55) - 1,536 plays
- Indestructible - (4:14) - 1,011 plays
- A Deeper Shade Of Soul - (2:49) - 1,088 plays
- El Watusi - (2:38) - 906 plays
- Soul Drummers - (3:49) - 889 plays
- El Nuevo Barretto - (5:51) - 738 plays
- Mercy Mercy Baby - (2:47) - 470 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online