247 Shouts - 909,047 Scrobbles
John Austin IV,(born September 25, 1976 in Carson, California), is better known by his stage name Ras Kass.
He released his debut album Soul on Ice in 1996. The album built up considerable hype through the release of several independent singles, including "Remain Anonymous" and "Won't Catch Me Runnin'." Soul on Ice saw little commercial success but was adored by the hip-hop underground, which appreciated both his sharp battle rhymes and his militant Afrocentricity.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrical Swords - (3:25) - 2,007 plays
- Verses - (5:11) - 743 plays
- LyricsYeah, it goes down
Yeah, it goes down
Uh-huh, it goes down
It goes down
I thought you knew it went down
- LyricsLet freedom ring with a buckshot, but not just yet
First we need to truly understand the nature of the threat
And a pale man walks in the threshold of darkness
Roughly 20,000 years ago the first humans evolved
with the phenotypical trait, genetic recessive
- LyricsI was told two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left
Act your age not your color but I'd rather act darker
Mark a page with mazes of labyrinth, fuck up a rhyme so bad
I leave the microphone abstinent, to MC or not to MC?
Beyond B.E.T. and MTV exists me, origin
- The Evil That Men Do - (4:19) - 465 plays
- Marinatin' - (4:05) - 480 plays
- On Earth as It Is... - (4:48) - 430 plays
- Miami Life - (4:04) - 428 plays
- Sonset - (4:48) - 318 plays