59 Shouts - 712,617 Scrobbles
1. Rare Earth is an american rock band affiliated with Motown's Rare Earth record label (which was named after the band) who were particularly famous in the late-1960s and 1970s. The group formed in 1961 as The Sunliners, and, after changing their name to "Rare Earth" were signed to Motown in 1969. The band was the first act signed to a new Motown imprint that would be dedicated to white rock acts. The record company didn't have a name for the new label yet, and the band jokingly suggested Motown call the label "Rare Earth." To the band's surprise, Motown decided to do just that.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Get Ready - (2:50) - 10,801 plays
- I Just Want To Celebrate - (3:40) - 5,188 plays
- Hey Big Brother - (4:46) - 2,525 plays
- Get Ready - Single Version - (2:45) - 1,109 plays
- (I Know) I'm Losing You - (3:39) - 1,136 plays
- Born To Wander - (3:02) - 789 plays
- What'd I Say - (3:19) - 583 plays
- Tobacco Road - (7:13) - 603 plays
- Ma - (5:25) - 399 plays
- Magic Key - (3:28) - 363 plays