Rank and File
5 Shouts - 20,848 Scrobbles
Formed by brothers Chip and Tony Kinman after they split up their hardcore punk band The Dils (who recorded the great L.A. punk single "Class War"), Rank and File were, at times, a dazzling roots rock post-punk band that stumbled early in its career, only to flame out much too quickly and finally collapse with an embarrassing thud. Their debut record, Sundown, was a gem of tuneful, Byrds-ian pop, with a healthy dollop of Gram Parsons and Merle Haggard to boot.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amanda Ruth - (3:11) - 125 plays
- Rank and File - (4:53) - 67 plays
- The Conductor Wore Black - (3:34) - 65 plays
- (Glad I'm) Not in Love - (2:30) - 45 plays
- Sundown - (3:05) - 40 plays
- I Went Walking - (2:57) - 47 plays
- Lucky Day - (3:41) - 44 plays
- Sound of the Rain - (3:42) - 37 plays
- Coyote - (5:08) - 50 plays
- I Don't Go Out Much Anymore - (2:17) - 36 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online