25 Shouts - 486,111 Scrobbles
Ralph McTell is an English singer/songwriter and acoustic guitar player who has been an influential figure on the UK folk scene since the 1960s.
Ralph McTell is probably best known for the song Streets of London which has been covered by over a hundred artists around the world. From Clare to Here has proved almost as popular, during a long and continuing recording and performing career.
McTell's guitar style has been influenced by many of the USA's country blues 'Piedmont- style' guitar players of the early 20th century...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHave you seen the old man
In the closed-down market
Kicking up the paper,
with his worn out shoes?
In his eyes you see no pride
- Hesitation Blues - (2:47) - 369 plays
- Blind Blake's Rag - (1:57) - 316 plays
- LyricsOut in the garden, amongst the bushes, Michael is crying.
Caught in a spider's web, its broken wings beating, a butterfly dying.
Oh la, la, la, la, la, la, la,
la, la, la, la, la, la, la
And they in their wisdom say
- Girl On a Bicycle - (3:22) - 286 plays
- Spiral Staircase - (3:33) - 256 plays
- England 1914 - (3:06) - 243 plays
- Nanna's Song - (3:08) - 260 plays
- Kew Gardens - (2:24) - 209 plays
- That'll Do Babe - (2:31) - 223 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online