25 Shouts - 492,651 Scrobbles
Ralph McTell is an English singer/songwriter and acoustic guitar player who has been an influential figure on the UK folk scene since the 1960s.
Ralph McTell is probably best known for the song Streets of London which has been covered by over a hundred artists around the world. From Clare to Here has proved almost as popular, during a long and continuing recording and performing career.
McTell's guitar style has been influenced by many of the USA's country blues 'Piedmont- style' guitar players of the early 20th century...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHave you seen the old man
In the closed-down market
Kicking up the paper,
with his worn out shoes?
In his eyes you see no pride
- Hesitation Blues - (2:47) - 384 plays
- Blind Blake's Rag - (1:57) - 372 plays
- LyricsOut in the garden, amongst the bushes, Michael is crying.
Caught in a spider's web, its broken wings beating, a butterfly dying.
Oh la, la, la, la, la, la, la,
la, la, la, la, la, la, la
And they in their wisdom say
- Girl On a Bicycle - (3:22) - 287 plays
- England 1914 - (3:06) - 245 plays
- Spiral Staircase - (3:33) - 251 plays
- Nanna's Song - (3:08) - 242 plays
- That'll Do Babe - (2:31) - 253 plays
- Kew Gardens - (2:24) - 204 plays