Rahsaan Roland Kirk
93 Shouts - 874,001 Scrobbles
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, but felt compelled by a dream to transpose two letters in his first name to make Roland. He became blind at an early age as a result of poor medical treatment.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Haunted Feelings - (2:20) - 3,287 plays
- Ain't No Sunshine - (2:28) - 1,166 plays
- The Black And Crazy Blues - (6:08) - 743 plays
- A Laugh for Rory - (2:54) - 711 plays
- Volunteered Slavery - (7:14) - 695 plays
- The Inflated Tear - (5:22) - 614 plays
- Blacknuss - (4:50) - 466 plays
- Spirits Up Above - (3:37) - 540 plays
- Freaks for the Festival - (0:51) - 472 plays
- My Girl - (3:07) - 429 plays