Rahsaan Roland Kirk
103 Shouts - 977,202 Scrobbles
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, but felt compelled by a dream to transpose two letters in his first name to make Roland. He became blind at an early age as a result of poor medical treatment.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Haunted Feelings - (2:20) - 2,936 plays
- LyricsYou ever want something
That you know you shouldnÂ't have
The more you know you shouldnÂ't have it
The more you want it
And then one day
- Volunteered Slavery - (7:14) - 726 plays
- The Black And Crazy Blues - (6:08) - 665 plays
- A Laugh for Rory - (2:54) - 540 plays
- Spirits Up Above - (3:37) - 564 plays
- Serenade To A Cuckoo - (4:39) - 452 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (2:37) - 503 plays
- Blacknuss - (4:50) - 397 plays
- A Handful Of Fives - (2:42) - 372 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online