Rahsaan Roland Kirk
99 Shouts - 935,330 Scrobbles
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, but felt compelled by a dream to transpose two letters in his first name to make Roland. He became blind at an early age as a result of poor medical treatment.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Haunted Feelings - (2:20) - 3,759 plays
- Ain't No Sunshine - (2:28) - 1,261 plays
- Volunteered Slavery - (7:14) - 782 plays
- The Black And Crazy Blues - (6:08) - 665 plays
- A Laugh for Rory - (2:54) - 580 plays
- Spirits Up Above - (3:37) - 540 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (2:37) - 479 plays
- The Inflated Tear - (5:22) - 452 plays
- Never Can Say Goodbye - (4:03) - 374 plays
- Serenade To A Cuckoo - (4:39) - 434 plays