Rahsaan Roland Kirk
99 Shouts - 931,001 Scrobbles
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, but felt compelled by a dream to transpose two letters in his first name to make Roland. He became blind at an early age as a result of poor medical treatment.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Haunted Feelings - (2:20) - 3,634 plays
- Ain't No Sunshine - (2:28) - 1,357 plays
- Volunteered Slavery - (7:14) - 773 plays
- The Black And Crazy Blues - (6:08) - 736 plays
- A Laugh for Rory - (2:54) - 619 plays
- Spirits Up Above - (3:37) - 552 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (2:37) - 500 plays
- The Inflated Tear - (5:22) - 478 plays
- Freaks for the Festival - (0:51) - 424 plays
- Blacknuss - (4:50) - 404 plays