Rahsaan Roland Kirk
100 Shouts - 942,445 Scrobbles
Rahsaan Roland Kirk (August 7, 1935 – December 5, 1977) was an American jazz multi-instrumentalist who played tenor saxophone, flute and many other instruments. He was renowned for his onstage vitality, during which virtuoso improvisation was accompanied by comic banter, political ranting, and the ability to play several instruments simultaneously. Kirk was born Ronald Theodore Kirk in Columbus, Ohio, but felt compelled by a dream to transpose two letters in his first name to make Roland. He became blind at an early age as a result of poor medical treatment.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Haunted Feelings - (2:20) - 3,656 plays
- Ain't No Sunshine - (2:28) - 1,229 plays
- Volunteered Slavery - (7:14) - 765 plays
- The Black And Crazy Blues - (6:08) - 664 plays
- A Laugh for Rory - (2:54) - 575 plays
- Spirits Up Above - (3:37) - 567 plays
- Someone to Watch Over Me - (2:37) - 468 plays
- The Inflated Tear - (5:22) - 442 plays
- Serenade To A Cuckoo - (4:39) - 443 plays
- Never Can Say Goodbye - (4:03) - 382 plays