93 Shouts - 899,768 Scrobbles
Rachid Taha (Arabic: رشيد طه) (born 1958) is a French-Algerian musician. His music is influenced by many different styles such as rock, techno, and raï. Taha was born in Oran, Algeria. His father was a factory worker. Taha's family immigrated to France in 1968. While working in a heating appliance factory in the late 1970s, Taha founded Les Refoulés ("The Rejects"), a nightclub where he would spin mashups of Arabic pop classics over Led Zeppelin, Bo Diddley, and Kraftwerk backbeats.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Barra Barra - (5:47) - 5,179 plays
- Ya Rayah - (8:57) - 5,339 plays
- Rock El Casbah - (4:36) - 2,106 plays
- Abdel Kader - Live A Bercy 1,2,3 Soleils - (5:00) - 976 plays
- Ida - (5:56) - 707 plays
- Habina - (7:27) - 634 plays
- Zoom Sur Oum - (4:08) - 742 plays
- Ecoute moi camarade - (6:44) - 622 plays
- Valencia - (4:46) - 569 plays
- Ecoute-Moi Camarade - (6:45) - 566 plays