93 Shouts - 879,774 Scrobbles
Rachid Taha (Arabic: رشيد طه) (born 1958) is a French-Algerian musician. His music is influenced by many different styles such as rock, techno, and raï. Taha was born in Oran, Algeria. His father was a factory worker. Taha's family immigrated to France in 1968. While working in a heating appliance factory in the late 1970s, Taha founded Les Refoulés ("The Rejects"), a nightclub where he would spin mashups of Arabic pop classics over Led Zeppelin, Bo Diddley, and Kraftwerk backbeats.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Barra Barra - (5:47) - 5,243 plays
- Ya Rayah - (8:57) - 4,640 plays
- Rock El Casbah - (4:36) - 1,777 plays
- Abdel Kader - Live A Bercy 1,2,3 Soleils - (5:00) - 771 plays
- Zoom Sur Oum - (4:08) - 807 plays
- Habina - (7:27) - 680 plays
- Wesh (N'Amal) - (4:11) - 775 plays
- Ida - (5:56) - 609 plays
- Now or Never (feat. Jeanne Added) - (1:30) - 808 plays
- Valencia - (4:46) - 607 plays