128 Shouts - 2,292,250 Scrobbles
The first female composer to ever win an Oscar, native Brit Rachel Portman studied Music at Oxford University, having begun composing at the age of thirteen. Her credits include the scores for 'Emma', 'Chocolat', 'Oliver Twist', 'The Cider House Rules', 'The Duchess', and most recently 'Never Let Me Go'. She writes lush, sweeping scores which favour the use of the traditional orchestra and are often piano-led, this being the instrument on which she prefers to compose.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Titles - (2:56) - 15,137 plays
- Minor Swing - (2:12) - 5,834 plays
- We Had Today - (3:44) - 5,571 plays
- Vianne Sets Up Shop - (1:56) - 4,098 plays
- We All Complete - (5:02) - 5,252 plays
- Passage of Time - (2:31) - 2,660 plays
- Kathy and Tommy - (2:02) - 2,910 plays
- Boycott Immorality - (4:39) - 2,100 plays
- Some Things Too Late, Others Too Early - (1:06) - 1,786 plays
- Never Let Me Go - (2:43) - 3,075 plays