130 Shouts - 2,434,661 Scrobbles
The first female composer to ever win an Oscar, native Brit Rachel Portman studied Music at Oxford University, having begun composing at the age of thirteen. Her credits include the scores for 'Emma', 'Chocolat', 'Oliver Twist', 'The Cider House Rules', 'The Duchess', and most recently 'Never Let Me Go'. She writes lush, sweeping scores which favour the use of the traditional orchestra and are often piano-led, this being the instrument on which she prefers to compose.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Main Titles - (2:56) - 10,256 plays
- Minor Swing - (2:12) - 4,973 plays
- Vianne Sets Up Shop - (1:56) - 3,368 plays
- We Had Today - (3:44) - 5,984 plays
- We All Complete - (5:02) - 4,231 plays
- Passage of Time - (2:31) - 2,322 plays
- Caravan - Instrumental - (3:43) - 1,460 plays
- Boycott Immorality - (4:39) - 1,529 plays
- Kathy and Tommy - (2:02) - 1,921 plays
- One Day Main Titles - (1:58) - 1,669 plays