R. Carlos Nakai
32 Shouts - 564,572 Scrobbles
R. Carlos Nakai is a Native American flutist of Navajo/Ute heritage. He released his first album, Changes, in 1983 and since then his work has been universally appreciated. Part of Nakai's philosophy is to ensure that the native flute does not become a "museum piece" of a bygone culture. Through his original compositions and other musical collaborations, Nakai intends to show the instrument's versatility and capabilities. Since 1990, Nakai has also collaborated with pianist Peter Kater.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Inner Voices - (6:23) - 1,453 plays
- Spirit Valley - (3:30) - 618 plays
- Ancient Ground - (3:58) - 671 plays
- On Eagle's Wings - (7:05) - 588 plays
- Amazing Grace - (3:56) - 698 plays
- Turquoise Swallows Dance - (2:24) - 521 plays
- Journey of Yellow Wind - (3:17) - 513 plays
- Mountain Chant - (5:46) - 456 plays
- Daybreak Vision - (7:16) - 800 plays
- Whirlwinds Dancing - (5:54) - 409 plays