Queens of the Stone Age
8,031 Shouts - 117,427,433 Scrobbles
Queens of the Stone Age is a rock band from Palm Desert, California, United States. The band is frequently labeled stoner rock, although they reject the label. They developed a style of riff-oriented, heavy music which the band's founder and mastermind Josh Homme described as "robot rock", saying that he "wanted to create a heavy sound based on a solid jam, just pound it into your head". Since then, their sound has evolved to incorporate a variety of different styles and influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWe get some rules to follow
That and this, these and those
No one knows
We get these pills to swallow
How they stick in your throat
- LyricsI sat by the ocean
And drank a potion, baby to erase you
Face down in the boulevard yet I couldn't face you
There ain't no use in cryin'
It doesn't change anything, so baby what good does it do?
- LyricsShe said, "I'll throw myself away
They're just photos after all"
I can't make you hang around
I can't wash you off my skin
Outside the frame is what we're leavin' out
- LyricsFar beyond the desert road
Where everything ends up
So good the empty space, mental erase
Heal them, like fire from a gun
- LyricsGitchy, gitchy
Ooh la la
Da doo ron ron
You won't get far
- Smooth Sailing - (4:51) - 138,685 plays
- The Vampyre of Time and Memory - (3:34) - 135,016 plays
- Little Sister - (2:54) - 120,024 plays
- Keep Your Eyes Peeled - (5:04) - 103,255 plays
- I Appear Missing - (6:00) - 125,813 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online