Q and Not U
0 Shouts - 3,470,585 Scrobbles
Q and Not U was a Washington, D.C. post-hardcore band from 1998-2005, signed with Dischord Records. Their sound, with fractured guitar leads and disorganized and inventive percussion, was a direct tribute to DC post-hardcore forefathers like Fugazi and Rites of Spring, but added noticably more art-damaged and rhythmic elements to their chaotic and emotional music. Members John Davis, Harris Klahr, Christopher Richards, and Matt Borlik formed the band in 1998. After Borlik's departure following the release of their first album, the band went on to record two more critically lauded LPs as a three-piece, exploring aspects of post-hardcore, dance-punk, and other disparate musical styles. Q and Not U disbanded in September 2005 after completing their touring commitments and a short farewell stand in Washington, D.C. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wonderful People - 172,812 plays
- LyricsS-o-f-t p-y-r-a-m-i-d-s e-v-a-p-o-r-a-t-e at daylight.
In-ter-na-tionally fa-shioned, like d-i-sease.
Pat-terns a-l-w-a-y-s yes, maybe no.
This soft is bulding the softest buildings.
This soft is raising the softest ceilings.
- Lyricsthe way the hair frames
drink H2O, breathe O2.
the way the lawn frames
- Lyricsit's the fashion self informed versus mr.
it's the fashion we contract.
avocado in the neckline of the swimsuit matched just right
with the vitamins in the pocket of the swimming trunks.
- LyricsEveryday up at the hospital people go in and out animals in and out.
They live together in the hospital.
They share positions now.
That's how they're living now.
Everday up in the hospital people and animals all waiting around.
- Black Plastic Bag - 109,167 plays
- 7 Daughters - 81,685 plays
- Kiss Distinctly American - 104,719 plays
- Air Conditions - 105,099 plays
- Nine Things Everybody Knows - 101,353 plays