0 Shouts - 9,598 Scrobbles
The English folkrock group Pyewackett was founded at the end of the 1970’s by Ian Blake and Bill Martin. They were a resident band and the London University college folk club.Read More...
Pyewackett played traditional folk music by the motto ‘pop music from the last five centuries’: 15th century Italian dances, a capella harmonies, traditional songs in systems/minimalist settings, 1920’s ballads, etc.. The distinctive sound was charecterised by the unusual combination of woodwinds, strings and keyboards. The voices were also a strong trademark. All these features of the Pyewackett sound are shown best on the second album the band released in 1984, The Man in the Moon Drinks Claret.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amoroso - 2,117 plays
- Grays Inn Maske - 717 plays
- Hey We To The Other World - 707 plays
- Tam Lin - 444 plays
- The Grey Cock - 362 plays
- Dan And The Wombat - 378 plays
- The Well Below The Valley - 386 plays
- The b de b / Borborygmi / The bear dance - 232 plays
- The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down - 212 plays
- Ce Mois De Mai - 243 plays