0 Shouts - 9,379 Scrobbles
The English folkrock group Pyewackett was founded at the end of the 1970’s by Ian Blake and Bill Martin. They were a resident band and the London University college folk club.Read More...
Pyewackett played traditional folk music by the motto ‘pop music from the last five centuries’: 15th century Italian dances, a capella harmonies, traditional songs in systems/minimalist settings, 1920’s ballads, etc.. The distinctive sound was charecterised by the unusual combination of woodwinds, strings and keyboards. The voices were also a strong trademark. All these features of the Pyewackett sound are shown best on the second album the band released in 1984, The Man in the Moon Drinks Claret.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amoroso - 2,103 plays
- Grays Inn Maske - 713 plays
- Hey We To The Other World - 699 plays
- Tam Lin - 437 plays
- The Grey Cock - 346 plays
- Dan And The Wombat - 371 plays
- The Well Below The Valley - 366 plays
- The b de b / Borborygmi / The bear dance - 207 plays
- The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down - 206 plays
- Ce Mois De Mai - 240 plays