0 Shouts - 9,023 Scrobbles
The English folkrock group Pyewackett was founded at the end of the 1970’s by Ian Blake and Bill Martin. They were a resident band and the London University college folk club. Pyewackett played traditional folk music by the motto ‘pop music from the last five centuries’: 15th century Italian dances, a capella harmonies, traditional songs in systems/minimalist settings, 1920’s ballads, etc.. The distinctive sound was charecterised by the unusual combination of woodwinds, strings and keyboards. The voices were also a strong trademark.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Amoroso - (2:29) - 50 plays
- Tam Lin - (5:19) - 21 plays
- The Grey Cock - (5:05) - 17 plays
- The Well Below The Valley - (3:03) - 30 plays
- Bedlam City - (3:49) - 14 plays
- The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down - (1:53) - 19 plays
- Hey We To The Other World - (2:38) - 15 plays
- Grays Inn Maske - (2:26) - 10 plays
- The b de b / Borborygmi / The bear dance - (5:47) - 14 plays
- Dan And The Wombat - (3:48) - 9 plays