209 Shouts - 2,459,618 Scrobbles
Prefab Sprout are an English pop band from Witton Gilbert, County Durham formed in 1976, who rose to fame during the 1980s. Though critically acclaimed, and considered by many to have released some of the best pop albums of the decade, the band never matched this acclaim with commercial success. The band's best known lineup comprised Paddy McAloon (vocals, guitar, keyboard), Wendy Smith (vocals, guitar, keyboard), Martin McAloon (bass), and Neil Conti (drums).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsMy love and I, we work well together
But often we're apart
Absence makes the heart lose weight
Till love breaks down, love breaks down
Oh my, oh my, have you seen the weather
- LyricsAll my lazy teenage boasts are now high precision ghosts
And they're coming round the track to haunt me.
When she looks at me and laughs I remind her of the facts
I'm the king of rock'n roll completely
Up from suede shoes to my baby blues
- LyricsBrucie dreams, life's a highway, too many roads bypass my way
Or they never begin, innocence coming to grief
At the hands of life, stinkin' car thief, that's my concept of sin
Does heaven wait all heavenly over the next horizon?
But look at us now, quit driving
- LyricsPlease be careful is never careful
Till it hears the gun
She will always pay the bills
For the, having big fun
He talks so well, what can you do?
- LyricsAntiques, every other sentiment, an antique
As obsolete as warships in the Baltic
I'm drivin' on a straight road it never alters
And the radio serenades but doesn't falter
You offer infrared instead of sun
- Bonny - (3:45) - 6,064 plays
- Goodbye Lucille #1 - (4:26) - 3,494 plays
- Desire As - (5:19) - 2,829 plays
- Moving The River - (3:58) - 3,112 plays
- Hallelujah - (4:17) - 2,597 plays