0 Shouts - 1,354,076 Scrobbles
1) Porter is the stage name of one Chris Porter. Porter has been a fixture in the Southeastern music scene for over a decade, fronting bands like Some Dark Holler and The Back Row Baptists. Porter now resides in Austin, Texas. Porter's tunes often tell dark and desperate stories of real american life.Read More...
Porter spent his formative years in the music business sharing the songwriting and lead vocal duties in his previous projects, The Back Row Baptists and Some Dark Holler. Upon making the decision to leave the comfort of shared pressure, it took Porter over a year to conceptualize, write, and record his debut solo release, This Red Mountain
2) Porter is an independent rock band formed in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Their music has been classified as alternative, indie, and experimental, and is very characteristic due to Juan Son's distinctive feminoid voice and squeals. Lyrics often explore surrealist and space rock themes combining the English and Spanish languages. Since 2013, Porter has a new lead singer: David Velasco and they are working in a new album called: Moctezuma. In 2013 they released a single called Palapa, sample of their new line up...
Porter formed in 2004, and consisted of Juan Carlos Pereda "Mussgo" (who now performs under the name Juan Son), Juan Pablo Vázquez "Chata", Víctor Valverde "Villor", Fernando de la Huerta "Fher" and Diego Rangel "Bacter". At first, Porter was mainly an acoustic project, until vocalist Juan Carlos Pereda joined the line-up soon after the band's formation. In 2013 Porter has a new lead singer: David Velasco.
In 2005, the band issued its first realease, an EP called Donde Los Ponys Pastan, under the independent label 3er Piso. Singles Espiral and Daphne are both from this EP. Porter made it to the semi-finals of an indie rock band contest called "0-Music", with the song No Te Encuentro later that year. Their second release, and only long play album was Atemahawke, this being their most popular and acknowledged album. The only single from this album, Host of a Ghost, received substantial radio and TV play, as well as a music video. Porter achieved notable popularity on Mexican radio during their time together as a band, and played in important music festivals such as Vive Latino and Coachella, as well as opening for bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers and The Strokes. After a hiatus and various rumors of disbanding, they dissolved after playing the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California in 2008. Former vocalist Juan Son went on to pursue a career as a solo artist.
Since 2013, Porter has a new lead singer: David Velasco and they are working in a new album called: Moctezuma. In 2013 they released a single called Palapa, sample of their new line up...
Porter is also an alternative rock band from Witten, Germany.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Host of a Ghost - 187,001 plays
- Vaquero Galáctico - 98,784 plays
- Cuervos - 82,280 plays
- Espiral - 117,715 plays
- Bailando Con Mi Virginidad - 63,705 plays
- Este Cosmos - 56,351 plays
- Daphne - 80,458 plays
- Xoloitzcuintle Chicloso - 66,378 plays
- El Túnel - 40,002 plays
- Estocolmo - 41,417 plays