Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton
5 Shouts - 134,740 Scrobbles
Dolly Parton started singing with Porter Wagoner on his TV show and was with him for a long time before she left. Porter promptly sued. Dolly used to say that she and Porter Wagoner had a love/hate relationship. She loved him and he hated her! She knew that in a way she owed her career to him. But in turn, he owed a lot of his success to her. Porter was well known for his flashy suits (Nudie Suits)
Dolly is still going strong, while Porter died of lung cancer in October 2007.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Last Thing on My Mind - (2:33) - 150 plays
- Please Don't Stop Loving Me - (2:48) - 149 plays
- If Teardrops Were Pennies - (2:07) - 92 plays
- Just Someone I Used To Know - (2:22) - 171 plays
- Holding On To Nothin' - (2:27) - 52 plays
- We'll Get Ahead Someday - (1:56) - 58 plays
- Daddy Was an Old Time Preacher Man - (3:02) - 40 plays
- Better Move It on Home - (2:13) - 51 plays
- Making Plans - (2:12) - 39 plays
- The Right Combination - (2:54) - 37 plays