Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton
5 Shouts - 132,212 Scrobbles
Dolly Parton started singing with Porter Wagoner on his TV show and was with him for a long time before she left. Porter promptly sued. Dolly used to say that she and Porter Wagoner had a love/hate relationship. She loved him and he hated her! She knew that in a way she owed her career to him. But in turn, he owed a lot of his success to her. Porter was well known for his flashy suits (Nudie Suits)
Dolly is still going strong, while Porter died of lung cancer in October 2007.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Last Thing on My Mind - (2:33) - 261 plays
- Please Don't Stop Loving Me - (2:48) - 244 plays
- Just Someone I Used To Know - (2:22) - 288 plays
- Holding On To Nothin' - (2:27) - 104 plays
- We'll Get Ahead Someday - (1:56) - 159 plays
- Daddy Was an Old Time Preacher Man - (3:02) - 60 plays
- Always, Always - (2:37) - 71 plays
- If Teardrops Were Pennies - (2:07) - 152 plays
- Last Thing on My Mind - (2:34) - 30 plays
- Better Move It on Home - (2:13) - 55 plays