456 Shouts - 2,040,595 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential math rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 3,943 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 3,361 plays
- Lazy Comet - (3:49) - 3,259 plays
- Sure Shot - (3:24) - 2,713 plays
- Tilebreaker - (4:07) - 2,828 plays
- Stinger (Five Wigs) - (7:23) - 2,248 plays
- Time Isn't on My Side - (3:06) - 2,438 plays
- Shiska - (1:30) - 2,042 plays
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 1,833 plays
- Action vs. Vibe - (3:43) - 1,850 plays