458 Shouts - 2,043,898 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential math rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 3,913 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 3,321 plays
- Lazy Comet - (3:49) - 3,170 plays
- Sure Shot - (3:24) - 2,652 plays
- Tilebreaker - (4:07) - 2,775 plays
- Stinger (Five Wigs) - (7:23) - 2,162 plays
- Time Isn't on My Side - (3:06) - 2,286 plays
- Shiska - (1:30) - 1,950 plays
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 1,789 plays
- Action vs. Vibe - (3:43) - 1,731 plays