453 Shouts - 1,982,045 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential math rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 4,137 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 3,470 plays
- Lazy Comet - (3:49) - 3,262 plays
- Tilebreaker - (4:07) - 3,068 plays
- Sure Shot - (3:24) - 2,836 plays
- Stinger (Five Wigs) - (7:23) - 2,300 plays
- Time Isn't on My Side - (3:06) - 2,487 plays
- Shiska - (1:30) - 2,125 plays
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 2,200 plays
- Action vs. Vibe - (3:43) - 1,967 plays