433 Shouts - 1,770,093 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential noise rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 8,707 plays
- Blues Is Loss - (6:51) - 6,469 plays
- Light, Raking - (4:30) - 6,834 plays
- Changed - (3:20) - 5,898 plays
- The Water Wheel - (7:55) - 5,436 plays
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 5,109 plays
- Some Songs - (5:29) - 4,891 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 4,312 plays
- Old Maps - (4:08) - 4,661 plays
- Anchoress - (5:50) - 4,514 plays