445 Shouts - 1,848,684 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential noise rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 11,791 plays
- Blues Is Loss - (6:51) - 9,124 plays
- Light, Raking - (4:30) - 9,885 plays
- Changed - (3:20) - 8,244 plays
- The Water Wheel - (7:55) - 7,709 plays
- Some Songs - (5:29) - 6,891 plays
- Old Maps - (4:08) - 6,628 plays
- Anchoress - (5:50) - 6,703 plays
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 4,578 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 3,906 plays