443 Shouts - 1,828,891 Scrobbles
Polvo is an influential noise rock band of the 1990s from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA. The band was fronted by guitarists/vocalists Ash Bowie and Dave Brylawski. Eddie Watkins played drums, and Steve Popson played bass guitar. The band reformed in 2008 with Brian Quast assuming drum duties. Their sound is defined by complex and dissonant guitar harmonies and driving rhythm, complementing cryptic, often surrealist lyrics. Their music was considered unpredictable and angular and sometimes the guitarists were accused of failing to play with correctly tuned guitars.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Total Immersion - (6:23) - 11,742 plays
- Blues Is Loss - (6:51) - 8,939 plays
- Light, Raking - (4:30) - 9,757 plays
- Changed - (3:20) - 8,175 plays
- The Water Wheel - (7:55) - 7,652 plays
- Some Songs - (5:29) - 6,836 plays
- Old Maps - (4:08) - 6,525 plays
- Anchoress - (5:50) - 6,536 plays
- Thermal Treasure - (4:32) - 4,758 plays
- My Kimono - (2:21) - 4,079 plays