0 Shouts - 641,560 Scrobbles
There is more than one artist with this name: a British jazz band and an American rock band.Read More...
1) Polar Bear is a British jazz band led by drummer Seb Rochford. Signed to the Babel Label, their first album Dim Lit was a small-scale success. Their second album, Held on the Tips of Fingers, merged elements of cool jazz, funk, dance music, free jazz, electronica, and Drum and Bass, and was a crossover hit, earning Polar Bear a nomination for the Mercury Music Prize in 2005. The success was all the more unusual for a largely instrumental album. The album was nominated for a BBC Jazz Award 2006. They are part of the F-IRE Collective.
Their latest album (titled eponymously, released July 2008) continues much in the vein of their sophomore release, focusing on the fusion of many different styles of jazz. While much more dense and lengthy than their earlier releases, early reviews are speaking highly of it.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Peepers - 43,270 plays
- Beartown - 36,505 plays
- Be Free - 19,884 plays
- To Touch the Red Brick - 26,264 plays
- Held on the Tips of Fingers - 22,157 plays
- Was Dreaming You Called You Disappeared I Slept - 22,212 plays
- Happy For You - 19,029 plays
- The King of Aberdeen - 19,209 plays
- Argumentative - 20,114 plays
- Bap Bap Bap - 18,243 plays