2 Shouts - 9,491 Scrobbles
POITÍN Rollicking, lollicking songs, jigs and reels from the heart of Bohemia
Poitín (pronounced 'patcheen') is of course that famous Irish firewater distilled from wheat and rye, but it's also a trad Celtic band from the Czech Republic not averse to a little experimentation - they've got a didge player and a saxophonist who doubles up on low whistles and tin whistles. The band is, however, firmly grounded in the pub session tradition and like nothing better than sitting round a table in the corner of a cosy pub and bashing out old favourites about tarry sailors...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Congress Reel (Irish tavern music) - (2:05) - 57 plays
- The Congress Reel - (3:11) - 91 plays
- Congress Reel - (3:11) - 31 plays
- Hot Days - (7:17) - 9 plays
- Toutouig - (3:11) - 7 plays
- Come Out Ye Black and Tans - (3:38) - 6 plays
- Congress Reel By Poitin - (3:10) - 5 plays
- Step It Out - (4:01) - 6 plays
- March Flowers - (3:41) - 5 plays
- Paddy's Polkas (Maurice Menley's/unknown/St.Patrick Was a Gentleman/Tolka) - (6:22) - 8 plays