Planning for Burial
0 Shouts - 363,112 Scrobbles
Following the release of the underrated Leaving (on Enemies List, home of Have A Nice Life) Planning For Burial has been sporadically popping up in live venues (sharing the stage with a wide breadth of musical compatriots from Chelsea Wolfe to Deafheaven while seeming out of place at none) along the east and west coasts and releasing a slew of EPs and splits over the last 3 years (all while writing and recording a mythical second album that has been dangled in front of his obsessive fans as coming soon for almost three years).Read More...
Simultaneously straddling the line between being completely nostalgic and futurist sounding, this product of a single wunderkind takes healthy obsessions with certain influences and filters them through a droning, gloomy spyglass that evokes only the most concrete blues (the emotion not the music) this side of the gray waters of the Atlantic. While Planning For Burial gets lumped in with the whole wave of bedroom recording artists (which is where the project toiled for years until Leaving finally was released), the mastermind behind the project sets himself apart from his peers due in no small part to his background in sound engineering and the drive to play live, giving a completely different aspect of the music.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Wearing Sadness and Regret Upon Our Faces - 30,335 plays
- Memories You'll Never Feel Again - 26,550 plays
- Humming Quietly - 26,804 plays
- Oh Pennsylvania, Your Black Clouds Hang Low - 25,522 plays
- Being a Teenager and the Awkwardness of Backseat Sex - 23,966 plays
- We Left Our Bodies With The Earth - 21,121 plays
- Seasons Change So Slowly - 19,482 plays
- Verse/Chorus/Verse - 19,380 plays
- Leaving - 17,555 plays
- Where You Rest Your Head At Night - 17,735 plays