27 Shouts - 149,925 Scrobbles
Pinetop Perkins (born Joe Willie Perkins on July 7, 1913-March 21, 2011) was an American blues musician. Perkins was born in Belzoni, Mississippi. He began his career as a guitarist, but then injured the tendons in his left arm in a fight with a choirgirl in Helena, Arkansas. Unable to play guitar, Perkins switched to the piano, and also switched from Robert Nighthawk's KFFA radio program to Sonny Boy Williamson's King Biscuit Time. He continued working with Nighthawk, however, accompanying him on 1950's "Jackson Town Gal".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Take It Easy Baby - (3:43) - 356 plays
- Blues After Hours - (7:33) - 368 plays
- Pinetop's Boogie Woogie - (3:36) - 464 plays
- Chicken Shack - (4:27) - 237 plays
- Pinetop Boogie woogie - (4:33) - 180 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:49) - 151 plays
- Down In Mississippi - (4:41) - 143 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (3:38) - 126 plays
- Kidney Stew - (4:02) - 127 plays
- Look On Yonder Wall - (3:51) - 135 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online