27 Shouts - 132,010 Scrobbles
Pinetop Perkins (born Joe Willie Perkins on July 7, 1913-March 21, 2011) was an American blues musician. Perkins was born in Belzoni, Mississippi. He began his career as a guitarist, but then injured the tendons in his left arm in a fight with a choirgirl in Helena, Arkansas. Unable to play guitar, Perkins switched to the piano, and also switched from Robert Nighthawk's KFFA radio program to Sonny Boy Williamson's King Biscuit Time. He continued working with Nighthawk, however, accompanying him on 1950's "Jackson Town Gal".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pinetop's Boogie Woogie - (3:50) - 500 plays
- Blues After Hours - (7:33) - 481 plays
- Pinetop Boogie woogie - (4:33) - 202 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:49) - 184 plays
- Kansas City - (4:44) - 215 plays
- Chicken Shack - (4:27) - 190 plays
- Down In Mississippi - (4:41) - 168 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (4:38) - 162 plays
- Look On Yonder Wall - (3:51) - 128 plays
- High Heel Sneakers - (3:58) - 100 plays