27 Shouts - 142,872 Scrobbles
Pinetop Perkins (born Joe Willie Perkins on July 7, 1913-March 21, 2011) was an American blues musician. Perkins was born in Belzoni, Mississippi. He began his career as a guitarist, but then injured the tendons in his left arm in a fight with a choirgirl in Helena, Arkansas. Unable to play guitar, Perkins switched to the piano, and also switched from Robert Nighthawk's KFFA radio program to Sonny Boy Williamson's King Biscuit Time. He continued working with Nighthawk, however, accompanying him on 1950's "Jackson Town Gal".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pinetop's Boogie Woogie - (3:36) - 474 plays
- Blues After Hours - (7:33) - 321 plays
- Pinetop Boogie woogie - (4:33) - 302 plays
- Chicken Shack - (4:27) - 210 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:49) - 156 plays
- Kansas City - (4:09) - 138 plays
- Down In Mississippi - (4:41) - 149 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (3:38) - 111 plays
- Kidney Stew - (4:02) - 108 plays
- Look On Yonder Wall - (3:51) - 104 plays