Pine Top Smith
4 Shouts - 18,640 Scrobbles
Pine top Smith or Pinetop Smith (Clarence Smith, June 11, 1904 – March 15, 1929) was an American boogie-woogie style blues pianist. His hit tune, "Pine Top's Boogie Woogie," featured rhythmic "breaks" that were an essential ingredient of ragtime music. Smith was born in Troy, Alabama and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. He received his nickname as a child from his liking for climbing trees. In 1920 he moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he worked as an entertainer before touring on the T. O. B.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pine Top's Boogie Woogie - (3:11) - 194 plays
- Jump Steady Blues - (3:22) - 15 plays
- Pine Tops Boogie Woogie - (3:23) - 15 plays
- Pine Top's Blues - (2:47) - 12 plays
- I'm Sober Now - (3:08) - 15 plays
- Pinetop's Blues - (2:47) - 5 plays
- Pinetop's Boogie Woogie - (3:22) - 8 plays
- Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out - (2:45) - 5 plays
- Pine Top Blues - (2:49) - 3 plays
- Pine Top Smith - Pinetop's Blues (1928) - (2:47) - 4 plays