59 Shouts - 334,928 Scrobbles
Pierre Boulez (born March 26, 1925) is a composer and conductor of contemporary and classical music. Boulez is also an articulate, perceptive and sweeping writer on music. Some articles —notably the notorious «Schoenberg is Dead» (1951)— were deliberately provocative and veered towards polemic. Others dealt with questions of technique and aesthetics in a deeply reflective if sometimes elliptical manner.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Danse générale from Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2 - (4:19) - 671 plays
- Sonatine - (14:02) - 523 plays
- Glose - (2:11) - 400 plays
- Lent - (9:09) - 232 plays
- Lent - Beaucoup plus allant - (4:32) - 138 plays
- Assez large - Rapide - (5:50) - 102 plays
- Schönberg : Variations Op.31 : I Introduction - (1:36) - 81 plays
- Berlioz: Symphonie fantastique, Op.14 - 2. Un bal (Valse: Allegro non troppo) - (6:05) - 68 plays
- Piano Sonata No. 1: I. Lent - Beaucoup Plus Allant - (5:05) - 68 plays
- Schönberg : Variations Op.31 : II Theme - (1:04) - 58 plays