61 Shouts - 392,495 Scrobbles
Pierre Boulez (born March 26, 1925) is a composer and conductor of contemporary and classical music. Boulez is also an articulate, perceptive and sweeping writer on music. Some articles —notably the notorious «Schoenberg is Dead» (1951)— were deliberately provocative and veered towards polemic. Others dealt with questions of technique and aesthetics in a deeply reflective if sometimes elliptical manner.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sonatine - (14:02) - 471 plays
- Boléro - 219 plays
- Piano Sonata No.2: 4. Vif - (10:09) - 71 plays
- Le Sacre du Printemps (The Rite of Spring): Introduction - 1947 version - (3:36) - 121 plays
- Le Marteau sans maître: Avant "l'artisanat furieux" - (1:54) - 63 plays
- Le Sacre du Printemps (The Rite of Spring): Danses des adolescentes - 1947 version - (3:20) - 70 plays
- Notations: 1. Fantasque - Modéré - (0:59) - 58 plays
- Petrouchka: Scenes burlesques en quatre tableaux: Premier Tableau: Fete populaire de la Semaine Grasse (The Shrove-Tide Fair) - 1911 version - (5:39) - 44 plays
- Le Marteau Sans Maître: Commentaire i de "Bourreaux de Solitude" - (4:32) - 50 plays
- Passacaglia For Orchestra, Op. 1 - (10:12) - 45 plays