60 Shouts - 365,951 Scrobbles
Pierre Boulez (born March 26, 1925) is a composer and conductor of contemporary and classical music. Boulez is also an articulate, perceptive and sweeping writer on music. Some articles —notably the notorious «Schoenberg is Dead» (1951)— were deliberately provocative and veered towards polemic. Others dealt with questions of technique and aesthetics in a deeply reflective if sometimes elliptical manner.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sonatine - (14:02) - 448 plays
- Danse générale from Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2 - (4:20) - 313 plays
- Glose - (2:11) - 255 plays
- Lent - (9:09) - 193 plays
- Le Sacre du Printemps (The Rite of Spring): Introduction - 1947 version - (3:36) - 165 plays
- Lent - Beaucoup plus allant - (4:32) - 111 plays
- Assez large - Rapide - (5:50) - 100 plays
- Petrouchka: Scenes burlesques en quatre tableaux: Premier Tableau: Fete populaire de la Semaine Grasse (The Shrove-Tide Fair) - 1911 version - (5:39) - 91 plays
- Pierre Boulez: Notations - 1. Fantasque - Modéré - (1:00) - 64 plays
- Schönberg : Variations Op.31 : I Introduction - (1:36) - 73 plays