60 Shouts - 369,702 Scrobbles
Pierre Boulez (born March 26, 1925) is a composer and conductor of contemporary and classical music. Boulez is also an articulate, perceptive and sweeping writer on music. Some articles —notably the notorious «Schoenberg is Dead» (1951)— were deliberately provocative and veered towards polemic. Others dealt with questions of technique and aesthetics in a deeply reflective if sometimes elliptical manner.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sonatine - (14:02) - 478 plays
- Danse générale from Daphnis et Chloé, Suite No. 2 - (4:20) - 264 plays
- Glose - (2:11) - 223 plays
- Lent - (9:09) - 169 plays
- Le Sacre du Printemps (The Rite of Spring): Introduction - 1947 version - (3:36) - 162 plays
- Lent - Beaucoup plus allant - (4:32) - 95 plays
- Passacaglia For Orchestra, Op. 1 - (10:12) - 77 plays
- Assez large - Rapide - (5:50) - 90 plays
- Boléro - 94 plays
- Pierre Boulez: Notations - 1. Fantasque - Modéré - (1:00) - 69 plays