164 Shouts - 1,772,542 Scrobbles
A fixture on the UK jungle scene since the early nineties, Photek a.k.a. Rupert Parkes is best known for his role in developing the "intelligent" drum & bass genre. Over the course of his career as Photek, Parkes has developed a sound that is simultaneously individual, innovative and accessible, earning him much respect and popularity amongst critics and music fans alike. The strength of the sound finds foundation in Photek's incredibly detailed drum programming, which is then augmented by his sophisticated sense for combining abstract sounds with jazz and classic techno influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Pyramid - (4:29) - 8,696 plays
- Shape Charge - (6:02) - 6,934 plays
- End of Line (Remixed by Photek) - (5:19) - 6,712 plays
- Levitation - (4:05) - 6,505 plays
- Quadrant - (5:22) - 6,568 plays
- Signals - (5:58) - 6,655 plays
- Munich - (4:36) - 4,903 plays
- Mistral - (5:15) - 4,266 plays
- The Hidden Camera - (6:48) - 3,281 plays
- Quevedo - (5:05) - 4,250 plays