995 Shouts - 14,153,550 Scrobbles
Philip Glass (born January 31, 1937) is a composer from the United States. His music is frequently described as minimalist, though he prefers to describe himself as a composer of "music with repetitive structures". Although his early, mature music is minimalist, he has evolved stylistically. Currently, he describes himself as a "Classicist", pointing out that he is trained in harmony and counterpoint and studied Franz Schubert, Johann Sebastian Bach and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart with Nadia Boulanger.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Poet Acts - (3:42) - 25,952 plays
- Koyaanisqatsi - (3:32) - 21,817 plays
- Morning Passages - (5:25) - 21,015 plays
- Pruit Igoe - (7:03) - 13,397 plays
- Mad Rush - (13:47) - 13,033 plays
- The Hours - (7:47) - 13,111 plays
- Cloudscape - (4:40) - 9,239 plays
- Facades - (6:10) - 9,324 plays
- Metamorphosis: Metamorphosis One - (5:40) - 11,163 plays
- Opening - (2:15) - 10,317 plays