11 Shouts - 604,987 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 2,019 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 474 plays
- La mer: No. 1. De l'aube a midi sur la mer - (8:52) - 294 plays
- Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries - (4:47) - 232 plays
- Der fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman): Overture - (10:45) - 229 plays
- Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre, Op.40 - (6:56) - 397 plays
- Tannhauser: Overture - (15:23) - 212 plays
- Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92: II. Allegretto - (8:27) - 261 plays
- La mer: No. 2. Jeux de vagues - (6:49) - 209 plays
- Canon in D Major - (4:04) - 497 plays