11 Shouts - 605,489 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 2,160 plays
- La mer: No. 1. De l'aube a midi sur la mer - (8:52) - 344 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 463 plays
- Der fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman): Overture - (10:45) - 286 plays
- Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries - (4:47) - 271 plays
- Tannhauser: Overture - (15:23) - 249 plays
- Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre, Op.40 - (6:56) - 473 plays
- La mer: No. 2. Jeux de vagues - (6:49) - 250 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra Op. 30 Tondichtung Für Großes Orchester (Frei Nach Friedrich Nietzsche) - Einleitung - Introduction - Sehr Breit - (1:41) - 292 plays
- La mer: No. 3. Dialogue du vent et de la mer - (8:24) - 211 plays