11 Shouts - 622,480 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 2,399 plays
- Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: I. Ouverture, II. Rondeau, III. Sarabande, IV. Bourrée I and II, V. Polonaise, VI. Menuet, VII. Badinerie - (22:39) - 376 plays
- Der fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman): Overture - (10:45) - 320 plays
- La mer: No. 1. De l'aube a midi sur la mer - (8:52) - 358 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra Op. 30 Tondichtung Für Großes Orchester (Frei Nach Friedrich Nietzsche) - Einleitung - Introduction - Sehr Breit - (1:41) - 456 plays
- Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550: I. Molto Allegro - (8:24) - 385 plays
- Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries - (4:47) - 322 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 378 plays
- Tannhauser: Overture - (15:23) - 260 plays
- La mer: No. 2. Jeux de vagues - (6:49) - 259 plays