9 Shouts - 500,195 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cavalleria Rusticana: Intermezzo (Orchestra) - (3:43) - 5,183 plays
- Violin Concerto in E Minor, Op.64: II. Andante (excerpt) - (4:31) - 1,780 plays
- The Planets, Op. 32: 4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity (Allegro giocoso) - (8:05) - 1,630 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 1,270 plays
- Greensleeves - (4:32) - 922 plays
- The Planets, Op. 32: 7. Neptune, the Mystic (Andante) - (7:02) - 731 plays
- The Planets, Op. 32: 1. Mars, the Bringer of War (Allegro) - (7:17) - 634 plays
- Cavalleria Rusticana (1987 Digital Remaster): Intermezzo from Cavalleria rusticana - (5:00) - 556 plays
- Aqurium from Carnival of the Animals - (2:16) - 617 plays
- The Swan from Carnival of the Animals - (2:53) - 553 plays