11 Shouts - 579,726 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Cavalleria Rusticana: Intermezzo (Orchestra) - (3:43) - 2,397 plays
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 636 plays
- Violin Concerto in E Minor, Op.64: II. Andante (excerpt) - (4:31) - 746 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 636 plays
- Gianni Schicchi: O mio babbino caro (Lauretta) from A Room with a View - (2:34) - 389 plays
- Symphony No. 7 in A Major, Op. 92: II. Allegretto - (8:27) - 414 plays
- Greensleeves - (4:33) - 538 plays
- Masquerade: Waltz - (1:30) - 280 plays
- Aqurium from Carnival of the Animals - (2:16) - 296 plays
- The Swan from Carnival of the Animals - (2:53) - 323 plays