11 Shouts - 630,186 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 2,020 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra Op. 30 Tondichtung Für Großes Orchester (Frei Nach Friedrich Nietzsche) - Einleitung - Introduction - Sehr Breit - (1:41) - 603 plays
- Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550: I. Molto Allegro - (8:24) - 499 plays
- Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: I. Ouverture, II. Rondeau, III. Sarabande, IV. Bourrée I and II, V. Polonaise, VI. Menuet, VII. Badinerie - (22:39) - 385 plays
- Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre, Op.40 - (6:56) - 718 plays
- Symphonie No. 3 in A Minor, Op. 56 "Ecossaise": II. Scherzo. Vivace non troppo - (5:14) - 457 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 347 plays
- Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550: IV. Finale. Allegro assai - (5:08) - 231 plays
- The Big Country - (3:13) - 263 plays
- Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, K. 550: III. Menuetto. Allegretto - (4:18) - 207 plays