11 Shouts - 623,366 Scrobbles
The Philharmonia is an orchestra based in London. Since 1995 it has been based in the Royal Festival Hall. In Britain it is also the Resident Orchestra at De Montfort Hall, Leicester and the Bedford Corn Exchange. The orchestra was founded in 1945 by Walter Legge, and although it did give the occasional live concert, it was mainly intended to be a recording orchestra for EMI, where Legge was an executive.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Suit No. 1: Morning Mood - (4:20) - 2,349 plays
- Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B Minor, BWV 1067: I. Ouverture, II. Rondeau, III. Sarabande, IV. Bourrée I and II, V. Polonaise, VI. Menuet, VII. Badinerie - (22:39) - 411 plays
- Also Sprach Zarathustra Op. 30 Tondichtung Für Großes Orchester (Frei Nach Friedrich Nietzsche) - Einleitung - Introduction - Sehr Breit - (1:41) - 518 plays
- Symphony No. 40 in G minor, K. 550: I. Molto Allegro - (8:24) - 437 plays
- Der fliegende Hollander (The Flying Dutchman): Overture - (10:45) - 287 plays
- Saint-Saëns: Danse macabre, Op.40 - (6:56) - 618 plays
- Die Walküre: Ride of the Valkyries - (4:47) - 309 plays
- La Traviata: Preludio - (3:50) - 358 plays
- Tannhauser: Overture - (15:23) - 245 plays
- La mer: No. 1. De l'aube a midi sur la mer - (8:52) - 237 plays