176 Shouts - 789,215 Scrobbles
Pharoah Sanders (b. 1940) is a U.S. jazz saxophonist. Sanders was born on 13th October 1940 in Little Rock, Arkansas, under the name Farrell Sanders. He began his professional career playing tenor saxophone in Oakland, California. Sanders moved to New York City in 1962. He received his nickname "Pharoah" from Sun Ra, with whom Sanders performed. He came to prominence playing with John Coltrane's band starting in 1965, as Coltrane began experimenting with the music which would soon become known as avant-garde jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Creator Has A Master Plan - (9:08) - 3,169 plays
- Astral Traveling - (5:49) - 2,843 plays
- You've Got to Have Freedom - (10:03) - 2,971 plays
- Colors - (5:38) - 2,047 plays
- Naima - (5:29) - 1,159 plays
- Thembi - (7:07) - 1,078 plays
- Love - (5:13) - 711 plays
- Origin - (6:53) - 842 plays
- Morning Prayer - (9:14) - 788 plays
- Upper Egypt & Lower Egypt - (16:18) - 612 plays