184 Shouts - 893,445 Scrobbles
Pharoah Sanders (b. 1940) is a U.S. jazz saxophonist. Sanders was born on 13th October 1940 in Little Rock, Arkansas, under the name Farrell Sanders. He began his professional career playing tenor saxophone in Oakland, California. Sanders moved to New York City in 1962. He received his nickname "Pharoah" from Sun Ra, with whom Sanders performed. He came to prominence playing with John Coltrane's band starting in 1965, as Coltrane began experimenting with the music which would soon become known as avant-garde jazz.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Creator Has A Master Plan - (9:08) - 4,025 plays
- Astral Traveling - (5:49) - 3,738 plays
- You've Got to Have Freedom - (10:03) - 2,729 plays
- Colors - (5:38) - 2,415 plays
- Thembi - (7:07) - 1,575 plays
- Naima - (5:29) - 1,154 plays
- Love - (5:13) - 938 plays
- Bailophone Dance - (5:44) - 770 plays
- Origin - (6:53) - 722 plays
- Morning Prayer - (9:14) - 866 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online