Pete and the Pirates
264 Shouts - 2,744,877 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 13,150 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 6,703 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,664 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 4,141 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 3,588 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 2,799 plays
- United - (3:03) - 2,768 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 2,071 plays
- Bright Lights - (3:09) - 2,193 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 1,891 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online