Pete and the Pirates
265 Shouts - 2,762,684 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 11,717 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 6,188 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,061 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 3,835 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 3,095 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 2,578 plays
- United - (3:03) - 2,467 plays
- Bright Lights - (3:09) - 1,957 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 1,936 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 1,669 plays