Pete and the Pirates
261 Shouts - 2,540,371 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 14,139 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 6,969 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 6,100 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 4,157 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 4,056 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 3,372 plays
- United - (3:03) - 3,670 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 2,940 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 2,652 plays
- Winter 1 - (3:40) - 2,544 plays