Pete and the Pirates
264 Shouts - 2,676,672 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 13,335 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 7,067 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 5,744 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 3,951 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,196 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 3,750 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 2,855 plays
- United - (3:03) - 3,073 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 2,215 plays
- Bright Lights - (3:09) - 2,448 plays