Pete and the Pirates
263 Shouts - 2,588,652 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 15,319 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 6,585 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 6,492 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,900 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 4,303 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 3,096 plays
- United - (3:03) - 3,719 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 2,673 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 2,692 plays
- Cold Black Kitty - (3:44) - 2,410 plays