Pete and the Pirates
264 Shouts - 2,724,572 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 12,869 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 6,611 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,604 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 4,253 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 3,532 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 2,925 plays
- United - (3:03) - 2,812 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 2,109 plays
- Bright Lights - (3:09) - 2,255 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 1,876 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online