Pete and the Pirates
264 Shouts - 2,659,638 Scrobbles
Pete and the Pirates were an indie rock band from Reading, England. Bright, young commanders of a brand of unique Englishness, their blend of smooth edged punk and pop produces music which is sweet, raw, joyous, melancholic, raucous and tender. The Pirates' idiosyncratic and endearing song writing puts them somewhere between the Flying Nun band Tall Dwarfs and the wistful reflection of On The Beach-era Neil Young. The band was formed in 2005 and consists of Tommy Sanders (vocals), Peter Cattermoul (bass/vocals), David Thorpe (guitar), Jonny Sanders (drums) and Peter Hefferan (guitar/vocals).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Blood Gets Thin - (3:03) - 13,793 plays
- Mr Understanding - (3:14) - 7,099 plays
- Half Moon Street - (4:03) - 5,969 plays
- Mr. Understanding - (2:31) - 3,870 plays
- Knots - (2:13) - 3,709 plays
- Come On Feet - (2:38) - 3,271 plays
- Come to the Bar - (4:22) - 2,897 plays
- United - (3:03) - 3,061 plays
- She Doesn't Belong to Me - (1:58) - 2,251 plays
- Bright Lights - (3:09) - 2,463 plays