3,847 Shouts - 9,813,134 Scrobbles
Formation and Lineup Changes (2005 - 2009)
Periphery was formed by guitarist Misha Mansoor in 2005. He slowly gained a reputation on the Internet, primarily via a regularly-updated Soundclick account, Meshuggah and John Petrucci forums, and the sevenstring.org message boards. Before and during Periphery's tenure in the metal scene, Mansoor developed a reputation for doing his own audio production, the majority of which was performed with a home computer and a Pod XT during this period.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsIt's always better on the other side of it
Wanting what you never have
It is a goddamn broken state of mind
Here, the one that we've been living in
It's never greener inside the mess we're in
- LyricsOur voices echo on a quiet night,
Silver vices on unholy cathedral.
Moon and sun,
A birthing light in this duality.
Embrace the feeling of our human skin,
- LyricsInnocent babe, shall we corrupt at such a young age.
Conjure a laugh, conjure the tears amongst love.
Glass brain, it will project all of the spectrum.
Heart still, but his infant hands are shaking now.
Start leaking all the thoughts on your mind.
- LyricsExperience these things.
My chest sinks further in and it gets hard to breathe.
Don't fight it, make this easy.
Sometimes I wish I had wings.
Fly far away from this life.
- LyricsStaring at the hourglass.
My life it feels like a machine running with no direction.
Watching time as it draws a perception obscene from a resurrection.
Choking on reality.
The walls of my insides they bleed from the excess incisions.
- The Bad Thing - (6:02) - 72,207 plays
- The Scourge - (5:45) - 64,921 plays
- The Event - (1:51) - 54,181 plays
- Rainbow Gravity - (4:47) - 58,825 plays
- Graveless - (4:02) - 53,696 plays